Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Design Shuffle Talks About Color In The Kitchen

Hi all! 

I'm Susi and I write as a guest blogger for DesignShuffle.com,  a fabulous social media site that promotes interior designers from around the world and their work. 

My writing focuses on things I'm passionate about: interior design, home furnishings, gardening, travel and art.

When Valorie at The Visual Vamp asked us to write this guest article for her, I was so excited. Not only does her blog have a fantastic name, Valorie has a great eye for design. I'm super excited about her new blog design. Thanks Valorie for letting me visit!

Color in the kitchen is one of our favorite things. Not that I don't love an all white kitchen, but bold colorful kitchens really have me beyond ready to paint ours or at least buy some new tea towels. Here are eight images I hope will give you some decorating ideas to explore and inspire you to add color to your kitchen.

 
Nice Homez via

I have a similar green in my dining room †so I love the green walls of this small kitchen. Bold color on the walls can be achieved with paint or tiles...

 
Pictures and Photos of Interior Designs via

Colorful tile on the wall is more of a commitment than paint, but I love the look of the blue subway tiles up to the ceiling in this kitchen.

 

Over are the days of plain wood cabinets being the only option in the kitchen. Cabinets today come in a rainbow of options. Love the red cushions on the Tulip chairs against that great turquoise.

 
Cube Me via

European manufacturer Smeg is even offering wall ovens in bright hues. Does anyone remember harvest gold and avocado appliances from the 70s?

 
Trendszine via

Contemporary kitchen designs are not afraid of color, as seen in these orange cabinets. What do you think? Bold or beautiful? Or both?

 
Nu Kitchens via

Traditional style kitchens can get a fresh feel with bold color too. Pink cabinets may not work for everyone but I love how they look in this kitchen.

 
Furnicraft via

No matter what color your cabinets, walls or backsplash, you can add color to your kitchen in accessories and textiles. Tea towels are inexpensive and can add both color and pattern - perfect color adding kitchen design idea!

 
House Beautiful via


And last but not least... the all white kitchen. Fabrics, lighting, dishes and accessories all add color to the white backdrop. Love it!

This post comes courtesy of Design Shuffle, where you can find top tier interior designs from around the world ñ from Chicago interior designers, San Francisco interior designers, and more, check out the latest at Design Shuffle.

If you would like to be a guest blogger for The Visual Vamp, please email Valorie Hart at mizvtheb@yahoo.com

1 comment: