Sunday, December 18, 2011

The C Wonder Of It

Full page ads in the Sunday New York Times started to appear in October. Seeing the swanky ad in a humble home located deep in the Irish Channel in New Orleans prompted a smile and a little blip of excitement. First who is this C. Wonder that can afford a full page ad, and then a delight in knowing a mere mortal could actually afford some of this very cute girly designer stuff advertised. There was a web address, but for a couple of months,  it was "under construction".

C. Wonder

Not being able to hop on down to Soho in New York to check out the bricks and mortar C. Wonder store that just opened, I signed up for e-mail alerts. Finally last week, I was sent an e-mail from C. Wonder that allowed one to shop online.

Bricks and Mortar C. Wonder in New York - soon to be a franchise near you!

Happy to report that there are many nice things at fairly affordable prices. I love the Ikat dinnerware, the Chinoiserie mugs, the studded bracelet, and their whole stationary line.

Affordable cute stuff at C. Wonder you can get online HERE


Who is C. Wonder? Pop Sugar reports that it is the ex-husband of Tory Burch, one Chris Burch. Funny how power couples who break up often go their own ways in the same vein.  Of course Chris Burch was a venture capitalist who bankrolled his wife Tory's fashion business before they split in 2006.

I love the stationary at C. Wonder  - Chris Burch is doing also a doing a hip office supply venture

$8. - Big bang for your style buck - Chinoiserie mug at C. Wonder

Ikat bowl at C. Wonder - comes in many colors - also mugs and plates

Ikat plate from C, Wonder - What can I say? I'm a crazy for dinnerware!

Madison Avenue Spy reports, "Chris Burch is best known for being the brains -- and money-- behind ex-wife Tory Burch. Not willing to just sit on his wallet, Chris has been working on several concepts, including the launch of lifestyle brand Monika Chiang. (That's Chris' current girlfriend.)".

Check out the C. Wonder Gift Guide now available online

Any New York decor bloggers been to C.Wonder? The store looks super fun and chic in photos. I would love to see it for myself. In the meantime, I'll shop the C .Wonder web site.

Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http:theviauslvamp.blogspot
And please become a Follower

3 comments:

  1. i went there last weekend while in NY....very busy place, some clothing too, most of the items from china....loved chinoiserie plates and the foo dogs tho....went there after touring the 911 memorial....now that was outstanding! merry, merry VV and Alberto too....kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fact check - Harry Slatkin and his wife Laura are still happily married.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anon,
    Thanks for the fact check about the Slatkins. I removed the misinformation about them.
    When I worked in a retail shop that sold Nest candles, I was told by the owner and rep of the line that the Slatkins had split up and that Nest was the ex-wife's company. In fact it was repeated many times there!
    I appreciate your keeping me on my toes!
    xo xo

    ReplyDelete