Monday, May 28, 2012

Over Propped File #1

A recent post generated some interest about we style addicts over propping and over styling our homes that in turn create make believe lifestyles. Um, I think it's called decorating. Bloggers get bashed even more for actually posting pictures of their over propped life style. As I said before, boo hoo.

Anyway, remember when this started in Domino? The cute ironic deer head that launched a taxidermy and antler craze?

The deer head as seen in Domino Magazine a million innocent decor light years ago

Stop reading now if you are prone to get queasy. Here's a round up from the NY Times that clearly illustrates a cautionary tale for the over propped lifestyle.



I hate a collection of house plants




I think I am ready to give up the ironic deer head as cute chic decor.

Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this new blog

7 comments:

  1. These homes aren't so much propped as they are filled with the spoils of some lunatics' hunting trips. Look at those guys sitting in their rooms with their "look at me, I'm a real man 'cuz I killed an animal" smirks. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so disturbing. What I don't get is why anyone would think these animals are more beautiful dead in their living room as "decor" than roaming in the wild where they belong. Don't get me wrong. I like a zebra hide rug and the occasional antler as much as the next decorator, but this just reeks of hoarding, not decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear God. That is the most revolting thing I have ever seen.

    And he's proud of it!

    I have a few deer heads! They are all either carved wood; moss. or willow!

    No one needs dead animals on the walls and floor. That guy had the gun. The animals only had their instincts and their stamina.

    BooHoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I humbly and respectfully have to disagree with the comments.....at least they are actual trophies, not deer head/antler wanna-be's. I'm am very over the whole fake animal on the wall thing. (BTW, no animal head - real or fake- on my walls). : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, so true. I never understood why anyone would opt to hang fake antlers on a wall that didn't have a story to go with it. What's the point ? There are so many other appealing wall decorations that add beauty that one doesn't have to acquire a pedigree as a sportsman with phony stuff from mail order catalogues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I have to admit that I have antlers in my family room that I have had for 15 years. They are timeless and have been used as decor accessories for centuries! It's all in the execution, people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,love it. Looks a real one. It is really expensive to have that kind of like.


    Furniture stores perth

    ReplyDelete