Tuesday, April 2, 2013

How Do You Feel About Lemon Sorbet?

Fanfare! The newest color of the year prediction is lemon sorbet. 

From  the press release:

Benjamin Moore's color pick for 2013? Here's a hint. Calling it a little tart wouldn't be a pejorative. Moore's spokesperson and senior interior designer Sonu Mathew recently opined "The palette is shifting from super-saturated and strong hues to softer, lighter pastel shades," Any guesses? What's the scoop? How about yellow? As in lemon sorbet (2019-60)



In singling out lemon sorbet (2019-60) for 2013, she noted that "It's the perfect partner for the emerging palette of freshened, polished pastels that promise to be favorites in the coming year. Additionally, it's the ideal transition color as we move from the more vibrant spectrum and mid-to-deep tone hues that we've been experiencing in home furnishings and fashions."

Benjamin Moore Lemon Sorbet

According to Mathew, yellow has always represented a sense of optimism, "and as the world seems to be gradually turning the corner on recessionary times, this whispery tint of the color is timely and evocative of the uptick. As for the move to pastels," she continued, "they convey innocence and typically have a calming influence."




Will you make lemon sorbet out of lemons?

Hover over any image to Pin it.


Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog


6 comments:

  1. When I was in the third grade, my bedroom was sunny yellow. I've loved that color ever since. As I play with my color deck anticipating repainting yellows are coming up strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking yellow was going to make a comeback. I have the color on the swatch (not the room) on my walls and love it. My paint sample deck calls it pale apricot. It feels good and goes great with orange and red accents and of course green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love yellow. Not so much clear/neon yellow, mustard or goldenrod. But soft and, yes, sunny; it goes with some of my other preferred colors. One of my fave houses in town is vintage/1920s-era, painted a pale buttercup. It is so beautifully framed by purple jacaranda trees in full bloom, probably next month. I think I'm gonna luv lemon sorbet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness!!! I love any food or color with the word lemon in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always liked very pale yellow for fabric or walls. I see it as a happy color as long as you don't head down school bus lane, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grew up with a 1950s totally GE kitchen with metal cabinets -- in a soft yellow! The wall hung, cabinet style refrigerator even matched. It was such a happy space that I've always loved soft yellow in a room. In fact, I'm writing this while perched in my yellow leather chair!

    ReplyDelete