Tuesday, August 13, 2013

What Do You Think (Of The Black Bathroom)?

A black bathroom with a marble counter top, designer wallpaper, and  subway tiles. Sounds like a classic on trend mainstream design, right?

Black walls - check; subway tiles - check; stone counter top -check  - This bathroom checks all the boxes


Jenna Lyons had her beautiful home featured in many magazines, but it was in an issue in 2008 in Domino that launched thousands of swoons and black bathrooms - Black in almost any room has become mainstream

The bathroom that launched black

Jenna Lyons cover girl Domino 2008

Black wallpaper, marble top sink, gold accents - so pretty and on trend

This is a real bathroom in some one's home. It was done by a designer whose client requested it.
What do you think? It has all the elements: Designer wallpaper, subway tile, marble counter top.

via

Who wore it best?

Some of the same elements are used


Hover over any image to Pin it
Please add my NEW address to your blog list: http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog

11 comments:

  1. No brainer, the last image is spectacular! It's not all about the pipes...or is it?
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. In 2006 my husband asked that his bathroom be redesigned with black walls, chrome fixtures and white porcelain sink and tub. He will be thrilled to learn he is a trend setter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I stand alone in not liking black walls in any room. A touch of black is good, adds interest or contrast but black sucks up light and just makes me feel dreary ..
    The rooms and furnishings are lovely though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a bathroom, but last year in the Loire Valley of France, I visited the castle of Chenonceau. Inside is the remarkable Louise de Lorraine bedroom with ceilings, walls and draperies all in black. The black painted surfaces are decorated with silver paint depicting tears, bones, feathers and funeral attributes. She was in deep and long mourning for her husband and the room reflects this.

    It was quite a surprise upon walking in to the room and rather breathtaking. It made a greater impression on me than any other room I saw on the trip. High drama.

    I like all the rooms you showed above except for the steam punk one with the twisty pipes, that one seems contrived and just trying too hard to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I think black anywhere, inside or out, can be trendy and/or elegant but, as much as I can appreciate it, it's not for me. There's a home in my neighborhood with black trim and shutters which pops nicely with a greige stucco fronted by leafy green plants, yet it's kinda cold. I think I remember from school days that black is the absence of color. I've seen a bathroom that had wallpaper of black and white vertical (wide) stripes and it was fairly striking with the white tub and, again, kelly-green plants. I dunno...I just love vibrant color, color, color and I absolutely HAVE to have it because monotones just dull me down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love black. After living with all white in my downstairs, I'm turning to the dark side of the force. I'm painting 1200 sq ft with new poplar bead board BLACK! I'm using lots of mirror to bring in the garden views and really big art. I think it will look like a scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! We have a black master bedroom, my hubby has a black upstairs mancave, and our kitchen walls are black. All three are trimmed in white with white ceiling. The upstairs MB and MC have sisal carpet, downstairs the kitchen has beige and grey large marble tiled floor with black honed granite counter tops and white cabinets. The rest of the townhouse is painted all white. The black walls are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No arguments here- I love it- it is so unique and yet not at all unfriendly- I would love to try this- just have to find the time!

    Mimi@ A House Romance

    ReplyDelete
  9. All are gorgeous look. Love it all designa and
    home furnishing accessories too.

    ReplyDelete