Thursday, September 19, 2013

Suzanne Tucker

Suzanne Tucker has been creating interiors of timeless grace for over twenty-five years. The San Francisco- based firm of Tucker & Marks, founded together with managing partner, Timothy Marks, is one of the leading design firms in the country. She is the recipient of numerous awards, repeatedly named to Architectural Digest’s “AD100” list of architects and designers, and recently honored as San Francisco Design Center’s 2013 Designer of Distinction. Her textiles and tabletop line for Suzanne Tucker Home are in luxury showrooms and stores across the country.

Take a peek:

I love the layers of beautiful things, and that table in front of that window with that view is perfect

The perfect mix of antiques, transitional furniture, and modern art

Who doesn't love a spicy color dining room

The room is fantastic, but "I love you Corgi" (sung to the tune "I Love You Porgy" from "Porgy and Bess"
Following the success of her first monograph “Rooms to Remember”, currently in its third printing, Suzanne Tucker is publishing her newest book in the fall of 2013 by The Monacelli Press. Offering unprecedented entrée to some of the country’s most exquisite & elegant residences, from an art-filled contemporary town- house to a massive mountain lodge, from a Normandy-style country estate to Tucker’s own home, an enchanting retreat filled with personal collections and antiques from around the world, this book is a must- read for the design aficionado. Tucker’s style is polished and refined, versatile and distinctive with elegant details and enticing color. She shares with the reader her expertise and creative process involving great attention to architecture, sense of appropriateness, her approach to individuality and how we live today. Richly photographed and visually stunning, she takes us through ravishing rooms layered with art and antiques transitioning between classic and contemporary, casual and formal. Her new book is an utterly inspiring glimpse into her clients’ homes and her creative world.

Pre order it

Hover over any image to Pin it
Please add my NEW address to your blog list: http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog

5 comments:

  1. That view, that view!I didn't hear anything else you said.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each one of these rooms pictured is layered to perfection! I would probably enjoy reading and owning this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you get this enough, but I really love your blog.

    I look forward to getting it every day via email subscription, so I don't always post a comment, but I just wanted you to know that it's a bright spot in my day.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her work is sublime - she had me at the cover! More and more I appreciate the work of California designers - so much nuance, and willingness to reinvent American design.

    I particularly like how Suzanne uses contemporary art in her interiors. I am looking forward to the new book!

    - Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Valorie! I just received my morning newspaper and immediately recognized your home on the cover of InsideOut. Can't wait to read your book.

    ReplyDelete