Saturday, October 26, 2013

Time To Get Cozy

The season has changed. It feels cooler in most parts of the country. There is nothing more cozy than a rug underfoot.  Adding an area rug is a quick and easy way to add a  huge visual lift to any room.
My Guest Picks at Houzz this month shop the top trends from high to low prices. Go check it out.

In the meantime here's a look book to inspire you.

Designer rugs are a hot trend if you can afford them

Missoni Missoni Missoni! Go to my post on Houzz to see a low priced version rug you can afford!
 
The over dyed rug - It comes at all price points from wool or silk vintage rugs stripped of color and then over dyed, to affordable new rugs with the same look

The beauty of the over dyed rug are the distressed areas - no need to worry about wear and tear

The over dyed rug mixes well with every decor style - the contemporary color make the traditional oriental rug more modern

Rugs from Anthropologie ignite the dreams of the Bohemian rich hippie, but if you are on a budget go to my Houzz post to see some great stylish options

The Beni rug is the darling of decorators - They look good in every room and mix well in traditional, modern, or vintage rooms - Check out the options I found and posted on Houzz

Zebra print has always added a certain chic to any room

Zebra is always in style

Nowadays you can find faux zebra in synthetics and wool - Go to my post on Houzz to see what I found

A printed cow hide is considered a faux zebra, but if you don't want animal hide I give you a couple of options on my Houzz post to choose from

Sheepskin rugs have been trending  big time - They are perfect for the cool months ahead - I have some great options at Houzz

Sea grass is so affordable - I have had one in my dining room for years, and it has worn really well, and sea grass or mountain grass is not scratchy underfoot - It's great on its own, and perfect to layer other rugs on top of it

The flat weave rug with a geometric has become a classic - I love it in gray and give you three good options at Houzz

The top trends in rugs:

  • Over dyed
  • Bohemian luxury
  • Moroccan Beni
  • Zebra
  • Sea Grass
  • Designer print
  • Sheepskin
  • Flat weave geometric

Which one do you love or have?

I have zebra hide under my breakfast area table, faux Beni in my living room, inexpensive over dye in my office, mock Missoni in my bedroom, mountain grass in my dining room! And I love them all!

Zebra print on hide in the breakfast area - Valorie Hart - photo by Sara Essex Bradley

Beni style in the living room - Valorie Hart

Over dyed in the office - Valorie Hart - photo by Sara Essex Bradley


Mock Missoni in the bedroom, sheepskin on the chaise - Valorie Hart - photo by Sara Essex Bradley

Mountain grass (very much like sea grass) in the dining room - Valorie Hart


Check out Valorie Hart Guest Picks October 2013 at Houzz



Hover over any image to Pin it
Please add my NEW address to your blog list: http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog

4 comments:

  1. Talk about "cutting the rug" - you have covered all the wonderful choices today. I love the mix and love antique rugs that show the gift of time. The image with Cholo is so sweet.
    xoxo
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. The styling on the shot with the Beni rug cracks me up, like something I would do. "We need a linen on this table, stat! Throw me your wrap!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your house! You should become a decorator! I also LOVE purple over dyed Rugs. I purchased a purple over dyed Rug from Rugsville.com

    ReplyDelete