Monday, September 15, 2014

Happy Birthday MILIEU!

Launching a new shelter magazine is daunting in the best of times. It is especially courageous in this digital age that has seen the demise of so many beloved magazines. Pam Pierce has talent and vision and drive and believes in unicorns and happy endings. Well maybe not unicorns, but she has done something extraordinary with MILIEU magazine. It has made it to its one year anniversary, and I am sure there will be many more to come.



Pick up a gorgeous hard copy wherever shelter magazines are sold.
Or subscribe to MILIEU HERE, and you can also check out MILIEU online.

This issue is extra special to me, because I have the honor of having one of my design projects featured in it! Peter Vitale did the beautiful photography, and Pam oversaw the shoot. I placed myself in their hands as the lovely assistant, always eager to see how someone else would handle a photo shoot. It looks amazing! Former NOLA resident Suzanne Levert wrote the article with insight and verve. 



As usual I like to take along as many people with me when something good happens to me. I use local merchants and artists in my design work as much as possible. I featured photographer Lisa Conrad, art from Gallery Orange, home furnishings from Eclectic Home, Source, Renaissance Interiors, and AKA Stella Gray. Local craftspeople Shading Places and Mitchell Settoon also did great work for me and got a shout out.

I also connected fellow New Orleans designer Donna Masselli with MILIEU, and I am proud to see that she got the cover! You know how I love New Orleans and all the talent here.

Joni Webb from Cote de Texas did a wonderful post about this issue of MILIEU so take a look at that too.



I have been posting few and far between. I apologize. Grief will not be hurried. Just working to make a living exhausts me. I so wish Alberto was here to see this issue of MILIEU. He did a lot of things for me on this project, and the clients Erica and Kevin loved him. He was always so proud of me and my work. He would be thrilled for me.

Anyhoo, it goes without saying: Have talent, will travel. Keep me in mind for styling, decorating, designing, and writing...xo xo

2 comments:

  1. Hey Valorie, it's me Carey. I subscribed to Milieu when you first mentioned your project would be featured soon. I've already received the Summer Issue, and I'm sure this one, the long awaited Fall Issue will be in my mailbox any moment. Congratulations! So good to see your blog post in my inbox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE your feature in the Fall 2014 issue of Milieu. I am actually doing a post on the mag today. Congrats Valorie. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete