Friday, August 9, 2013

Color Power Two Ways

Just got a batch of the September issues of shelter magazines. House Beautiful wins hands down for the most inspiring features. So if you only buy one magazine this month, this is the one. The issue is called "Power of Color!".

The usual colorful Mary McDonald does a subdued palette of gray in the September 2013 issue of House Beautiful - I love the pattern mix - Stripes both ways and that incredible chevron floor

Color can be powerful in all ways, whether it's a palette of neutrals or a palette of bold saturated hues.
Mary McDonald has a feature called "Palette Cleanser" (a title so borrowed from bloggers).

Mary McDonald flips her switch with with this palette cleanser of a room - You have to get the magazine to see it in all its glory - This is a very refined Restoration Hardware look, don't you think? I love the spattered Klismos chairs
I love these chairs, and crazy me sees a DIY project here

And then she flips the switch back in the same house in the den

On the flip side Christopher Maya has a feature (and got the cover) called "A Bold Hand".

Buy this issue! It's really good! I would kill for that navy blue velvet Bergere chair - Interior design by Christopher Maya

The Power of Color interpreted by Christopher Maya

Christopher Maya in September 2013 House Beautiful - walls are Benjamin Moore Heritage Red


The thing with color, is that there isn't one I haven't met, used, or liked. I equally swoon over Mary's gray chevron floors, and Christopher's navy blue velvet Bergere chairs. What about you? Do you stay in your tried and true wheelhouse of favorite color, or do you change it up from time to time?

Hover over any image to Pin it

Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog

4 comments:

  1. You know me, get bored, change color! OFTEN! It can be wall color, drapes, pillows, linens, etc etc etc right down to me! Love the red sofa and two matching benches..but..don't have to match, just compliment! Thanks Valorie for another great post! Xoxoxo Linda on TWB. (Let me know when your ready to hijack the chair! Its a beauty!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pics.Very nice post.colors are the friend of humans.They are very powerful in all aspect.Now a day design patterns are changing instantaneously.Selecting a best color can give your home a beautiful look.Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved navy when navy wasn't cool. I'm so glad to see it used a lot this year. That being said, I am afraid that now it will be trendy, and my classic rooms will look dated when navy soon gets tossed aside for the next "it" color.

    ReplyDelete