Sunday, August 18, 2013

I Was So Raggedy, Folks Used To Call Me, “Patches” - What Do You Think?

Forgive another What Do You Think post coming so soon. I am working on something else, but I want to let you know I'm still here. And this photo is priceless.

What do you think? This look is currently coming down the runway - "I was born and raised down in Alabama,
On a farm way back up in the woods I was so raggedy, folks used to call me, “Patches” - remember that song?


Patchwork comes and goes. My mother used to have a patchwork leather purse, and she loved it because of all the colors. She said it matched any and everything.

Gray patchwork overdyed rug

This room was done by interior designer Peter Dunham

Overdyed patchwork rugs are hot right now

Gloria Vanderbilt was the queen of patchwork in the 1960s and 1970s

Truman Capote rocking patchwork in his New York apartment circa 1960s

So what do you think? Would you wear patchwork, or rock it in your home decor? Or carry a patchwork purse?

My mother would have loved Jessica Simpson's Dolce and Gabbana patchwork purse


Hover over any image to Pin it
Please add my NEW address to your blog list: http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog

3 comments:

  1. I didn't the first time around, so probably not. I feel like I am a tad chunky for the look, as far as apparel goes. I do love a patchwork quilt though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE patchwork; only if it is done beautifully! (I don't like any of the other pictures!!)
    And I consider Gloria Vanderbilt one of the great geniuses of our time! Her patchwork (extremely rare at the time) complete perfection!! Such originality and creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Pat.....great for a quilt, not so much for decor, and definitely NOT for those shirts on the 2 unfortunate guys!!

    ReplyDelete