Thursday, June 3, 2010

You'll Love This Stuff

Huff-Dewberry

Here are a few things that have caught my eye, and I thought maybe you'd enjoy them too.

First up:

How an energetic, six-foot-five designer translated his love of 1960’s cinema, space travel and farmhouses into the design of his downtown loft.

Produced, designed, written, styled and directed by Brian Patrick Flynn with photography by Sarah Dorio

Go to Decor Demon HERE to read the entire article - it is well worth your time! I was lucky to meet Brian in Atlanta, and I hope he'll invite me over the next time I'm there.



Second, another man I adore, Michael Pelkey is in this month's issue of Southern Living.
His front porch in his Key West home is featured.


The photo is from the new book Perfect Porches where you can see more of Michael Pelkey's home, as well as many other gorgeous porches. Written by Paula Wallace, a co-founder of The Savannah College of Art and Design.


Last is this clipping of a fresh way to use a folding screen. The work of Huff-Dewberry is featured in this month's "Better Homes and Gardens decorating" magazine. You can see more of Huff-Dewberry HERE.



I love the little magazines BHG puts out. They are jammed packed with photos, like little decor books. Support hard copy magazines, and buy one today!



Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. Will Huff and Heather Dewberry are lovely people, as well as talented - they both used to work for Dan Carrithers, and launched their own firm a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought one of those BHG mags on outdoor rooms and clipped it to pieces. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great designers, I used to have a chaise lounge very similar to the blue but in Zebra. Good post Valerie.
    What's with the oil, is it in New Orleans yet?

    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness for this post. I am renovating my front porch and am kind of at a loss about what I want to do. Michael Pelkey's front porch is gorgeous! I would love to check out that book - great recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been drooling, simply drooling over your friend's front porch since it graced the cover of Key West: A Tropical Lifestyle by Leslie Linsley. Now, I'm coveting the Perfect Porches book and the Southern Living spread certainly certainly upped the desire factor. Do you have a copy of it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always Valorie, you find the BESTEST stuff! Brian's apt amazing huh....then he moved, crazy!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to paint my porch floor black.
    pve

    ReplyDelete