Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Melissa Rufty And My Ikat Pillows



I love Melissa Rufty's work. She elevates the traditional with her own expressive use of color and fabrics and wallpaper.

Melissa Rufty uses Ikat pillows

I was doing some photo research for a post on here HERE.

Melissa Rufty has a terrific editorial featuring her home, in the October 2010 issue of House Beautiful. And while I was gathering images I saw these Ikat pillows, and had an OMG moment.

Visual Vamp living room at the very very beginning
Check out the Ikat pillows!



I purchased these pillows on layaway at perch. long before I worked there, and long before I knew who the fabulous Melissa Rufty is.

I've moved those Ikat pillows around alot


Melissa stops in perch., and we like her so much. The last time she came by, we were all squealing like school girls over Sandra Bullock shopping on Magazine Street.

Visual Vamp living room now
So much has changed! But I still have those Ikat pillows!



So much has changed for me in the last couple of years. I'm back at work in the design world, and loving every minute of it. I've met so many wonderful people because of blogging and working at perch. And I still have those first Ikat pillows I bought!


Melissa Rufty in October 2010 issue of House Beautiful
She changed the pillows!

13 comments:

  1. I can't decide if I like ikat prints or not. They are like suzani's, but more blurry! tehe.... I love suzanis btw. Check out my current post, where I have a photo with both the ikat and suzani prints. Let me know what you think.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you're loving your work V ... not everyone can say that.
    I like ikat.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha......so YOU were the one that bought them!!!!! I came back to purchase them after borrowing them (xoxo Perch!) for my web shoot and they were gone. Vamp, they look killer in your living room and certainly have that "staying power". Many thanks for your kind words here and at Perch. melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like ikat prints. Always have. Like them in fashion too. Nia Long recently wore a great ikat dress to a awards show. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! This took me on a long journey to your other links. Can't wait to pick up the HB magazine and study the photos more closely. What an interesting talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa!
    How funny is this!!!
    I was going to rag on Jack & Caroline because they told me they only had two of these when I bought them, the fabric being vintage and the lady who made them just one of those drop-in artists selling things.
    Now I know they told me the truth ha ha!
    They are yours to borrow anytime!
    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a lovely post on Melissa Rufty this morning. I love the black Ikat fabric on your pillows. Is this fabric or are these pillows still available?

    Thanks for your help.

    D. Merchant

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your living room now! You really out did yourself in there! Have to get me some of them Ikat pillows! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like your pillows better than the ones she changed...
    yours look expensive and awesome.
    ikat forever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'your' ikat pillows make sense in that bedroom. 'hers', at the bottom of the post, do not. they're too heavy with black for the rest of the fabrics and paper in the room.

    amazing what that little bit will do.

    love the latest incarnation of your parlor. makes me wish i were in a more evolutionary mood. fun to see a room 'move on', even when it was lovely from the first.

    woof, etc, m

    michael/bagelbrookefarm

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of your living room now! I haven't seen it in a while. it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete