Saturday, March 29, 2014

Preservation Resource Center 2014 Shotgun House Tour

When I joined the committee to help organize the PRC 2014 Shotgun House Tour, I had no idea how much my life would change by the time it rolled around. I love the work the PRC does, and this is the only committee I work on.

The weather is going to be gorgeous, so come on over to the neighborhood known as the Audubon Corridor.  It's Uptown close to the zoo. As usual the houses are adorable and inspirational, and the homeowners are generous and sweet to let all of us looky-Lous traipse through their rooms. There are homes done by designers, contractors, and just regular folks like us who have the knack, Each shotgun house floor plan is utilized in an interesting way. The shotgun house is the most plentiful housing stock in New Orleans, so chances are you live in one. This tour will give you a ton of energy and ideas for your own home, and raise money for the education department at the PRC,


One of the homes on the 2014 PRC Shotgun House Tour - photo by Ian Cockburn


I will be at tour headquarters signing my book from 1 - 3 PM,  with the proceeds going to the PRC.
Come on out and say hello and get a book.




6 comments:

  1. I have never been to New Orleans but have reveled in the pages of books dedicated to its spirit. Someday for certain. My obligations to my fuzzy rescue friends preclude me from taking any trips in the near future. It's a choice I am happy to make.
    In the meantime, hold down the fort until I can get there! :)

    xo

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back beautiful lady! JT in TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being from IL, I have always been so intrigued by New Orleans - everything - and the Shotgun houses there. I wish I could do this tour! New Orleans is just so steeped in history, mystery...

    ReplyDelete
  4. would love to join in, just a little too far from Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are doing better and able to enjoy spring. I have certainly thought about you and the grief you have been dealing with. You have a friend in Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Valorie, it's me Carey. A chance to share your lovely book, spend a few hours in the midst of your creative interests, and give back to a cause close to your heart. I hope it was a sweet and satisfying day.

    ReplyDelete