Friday, August 12, 2011

Help Me Decide

The curse of the decor addict! Our house is basically "done". Cute as a button and comfy. Made a few upgrades and changes in the process, and really there is nothing to do but to enjoy and maintain. So why oh why does the the restless eye try to find something else to do?

The Visual Vamp Living Room August 2011 - Put a fork in me, I'm done!

I have a photo shoot coming up, so I feel the need to refresh. Got a couple of cute pillows from Modern Market, and a lamp for the bedroom.

New pillows at The Visual Vamp from Modern Market - KKBB approves!

The Visual Vamp living room August 2011

Lamp in the bedroom from Modern Market - I spy a  Plexi tray with studs made by Nicole Cohen of Sketch 42

Moved the bedroom lamps to the bar set up in the dining room.

Nate Berkus mercury lamps on the bar set-up in The Visual Vamp dining room

Considered wallpaper in the living room on an accent wall, but nixed it. Considered taking down portraits and hanging two large abstract circle paintings, but nixed that too. Loved the green chair I borrowed from Modern Market for my TV segment, and dun dun dun, am considering replacing the white slip cover Parsons chairs in the dining room.

Fab green chair from Modern Market

Love the white chairs, but since we have adopted Kitty Kitty Bang Bang, there are little black paw prints and wisps of black cat fur to deal with. Me no likee wrestling off those slip covers to wash them (and wrestling them back on  the chairs).

White slipcovers on Parsons chairs that are in the dining room now

So I have been thinking about replacing the white chairs with a more modern chair. You know I love the mix of old and new, high and low. At first I thought about the classic white Eames chair with the wood Eiffel Tower legs. I love how they mix. They are such a classic that they are almost a new antique.

I think the  Eames chair would be fabulous!

My dear blog friends, and fellow decor mavens and addicts you are the only ones I can discuss this with.

Which chairs? Parsons are elegant and high back is super comfy - Green chairs are fresh and modern and mix well with my decor - is the back of the green chair profile too low - What do you think?????

Normal people don't get it. And perhaps even your eyes and ears are bleeding from boredom too, but HEY wake up and tell me what you think!

I can't make up my mind! This never happens to me!

23 comments:

  1. GREEN!! I like the mix.

    Sorry been busy- cookies birthday party this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i would do louis ghosts in clear even though they are closer to traditional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the idea of the green chairs, but they do feel too low. how about some ghosts knocks-offs (I couldn't do it to real ones) painted that shade of green? or similar ones with a higher back? (you can always find replacement parsons chairs if you sell them).

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw, maybe we need to start a New Orleans chapter of DA----Decoraholics Anonymous...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the higher Parsons chairs. Love your new spot here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those green chairs, but they are too low for the table. Move your art around, and are we ever done decorating anyway? KKBB looks fab on your couch, I'm sure she's sorry about the slipcovers..

    ReplyDelete
  7. actually, it seems both kkbb and cholo have changed their spots to match the accouterments.
    tres chic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep the Parsons chairs. I agree with above, the others are too low.

    ReplyDelete
  9. first, wow - so much new in the living room - the tables, the coffee table, the french chairs.
    love it all.
    i don't like the green chairs though = way too low. but what do i know? i like the height you have in there. it looks perfect, now just leave it. if you can, which i doubt seriously. hehe.

    joni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Mz. V...
    I LOVE those green chairs but not at the DR table. The balance is off. You have a lot going on in the LR which is so YOU and is fab...I would leave the DR alone. There is a nice mix between the two!
    xo
    Looking forward to seeing what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh and BTW...I am SO with you on the slip covers and having to wash b/c of pets....that's why I don't have them PLUS the MR loves to recline on the sofa! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the Parsons because of the height. Maybe add some kind of detail to the backs like cool drawer pull.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the green chairs, but they are too low with the table. Ask yourself if it is the form or the color that really appeals to you. If it is the form, maybe a higher back version. If it's the color, try something like this with some apple green spray paint from Rustoleum: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Outdoor-Contemporary-Mary-Chair/4685800/product.html.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the asymmetry of high backed chairs on one side and lower chairs on the other looks awkward. Can you move the high-backed chairs to the ends of the table? If you got 2 of the eames chairs you want and some rustic Windsor chairs, I suspect you would have the tension between trad and more modern while keeping continuity of shape and height. Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  15. For the sake of change the above suggestion is a good one. Make the higher backed chairs the host and hostess chair and add interesting chairs on the sides of the table. The green ones are too low and unimportant looking. Go for something a little higher, and a bit straighter perhaps in a black finish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm all for the green chairs! I love a good mix, and I think the green chairs bring a nice pop to the room.....love them!
    I'm also crazy about your Nate Berkus lamps!
    xo,
    Katherine
    antweak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the green color, but the backs are too low on the ones in your room.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am sure whatever you do will look greatl,love your style!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with the others about the Parsons chairs - they look so great. What about throwing another textile on top of the slipcovers? Something easy to grab off the chairs and throw into the wash or shake out. Some oversized scarves, maybe faux sheepskins, or even dining table runners with ribbon attached to tie around the backs of the chairs, or even a rectangle of the same fabric buttoned or snapped on to the slipcovers (seat and back only).
    -AlyT

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the idea of the green chairs, just not crazy about them. Love the idea of the Eiffel chairs. What about green ones if there's such a thing?

    ReplyDelete
  21. You know me... I like the unexpected quality and humor of the Eames chairs with the Eiffel Tower legs. But really, you can't go wrong with ANY of the styles you've narrowed down to. Buena suerte!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the Parson's becuause they'll let your beautiful 'new' dining room be the star. With the greens...the eye will go right to them...and I think stay...plus I think they're too low and a bit patio like.
    How about slip covers in that tone of green to mix things up..or the Parson's could be for you and Alberto, and a different, higher backed chair could be on the sides?
    You'll figure it out...you always do! Wait for the 'zing'...then you'll know it's the right move!
    xo J~

    ReplyDelete
  23. I gots a designer out of Dallas that will hook you up!

    VV, it's all gravy, it's all good, go dance, girl!

    ReplyDelete