Monday, August 1, 2011

More Photos Of A House You Really Love

The home of Jill and Peter DeBroeck - photo by Susan Poag

I did a post about a unique and well decorated shotgun house that many of you really enjoyed HERE.

I also used the photos I took for that post for a lecture I gave at the Preservation Resource Center about interior design in shotgun houses. The author Stephanie Bruno was there too,  autographing her book, "New Orleans Streets".


Architectural historian, author, preservation consultant, and popular columnist Stephanie Bruno autographs copies of her book - photo by Sabree Hill

Stephanie also wrote a nice article about Alberto and me in The Times Picayune when our house was on the PRC's Shotgun House Tour, and then again later when she wrote about a project I did for the New Orleans Creative Center for Arts (NOCCA). 

Valorie Hart designs a party for NOCCA - story by Stephanie Bruno and photo by 

Once you interview with Stephanie, you feel like you've found a friend for life. So it was no surprise when she called me to connect her with the owners of the shotgun house that I showed at my lecture. It captivated her from the moment she saw it (as it did me!). It is the home of Jill and Peter DeBroeck. She wrote a wonderful story about their home in The Times Picayune.

Stephanie Bruno wrote about this favorite home of The Visual Vamp readers - photo by Susan Poag

 Whenever a photographer is sent to do photos, they take a ton, a so very few end up in the story. However, there is a link HERE where you can see all the photos Susan Poag took for the article.

I know how much you all loved this house, and will enjoy seeing some more photos expertly taken. I do the best I can in my best imitation of the old reporter style of  "the inquiring camera girl" (Jackie O got her first job doing this), but really there is nothing like a pro with a good camera. So even if some of the shots look familiar, you are going to enjoy them even more than my humble efforts.

Jacqueline Bouvier in 1952 from The Jen Castle Photo Blog



3 comments:

  1. i am lovin' the table setting.
    beeeeautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put you in my favorites, and I love the picture of you moving. Don’t move too far…
    How was the visit with your sister? Sorry we missed her but hope you had a great visit.
    Blog looks fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing Susan’s pictures. She is really something. Hope to catch up soon. J

    ReplyDelete