Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Inspired News



The fabric house Kravet and Lee Jofa publish a nifty glossy publication called "inspired.news".
I get it at the shop I work in, because it's a trade publication. It is so beautiful, that I investigated how you might get it too.


The full color photos are spectacular, and the articles in this issue feature designer projects that inspire Kravet. They use established designers, and up and coming talent too. This particular issue is all about color, and they got some interesting folks to share a project that reflects their philosophy about color, and that demonstrates his or her personality about color.


In the editorial Scott Kravet tells us that he has laid eyes on millions if not billions of color. He says that he can confidently say there is no such thing as the perfect color. Do you agree?



Colorist designers Miles Redd, Diamond and Barrata, Kelly Wearstler, Todd Romano, Jonathan Adler, Allegra Hicks, Michael Weiss, Barclay Butera, and more, all have oversize large glossy photos to drool over.

Barclay Butera


There's a Proustian style questionnaire with Vicente Wolf, and even a recipe, and a cool DIY feature about re-sizing art.



I've captured some images to share with you, but they just are not doing justice to the magazine I hold in my hands.



Diamond & Baratta


Have I made you want to get this sensational publication yet?

Contact Jennifer Powell at Kravet and tell her Valorie Hart The Visual Vamp from perch. in New Orleans sends you. Her email is:

3 comments:

  1. Valorie absolutely!! Color is my life I love it!!Wow!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always inspired by color!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Love that bedroom. I think it would be hard not to be inspired by color!! So glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete