Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Magazine Shake-Up

If I heard it,  then surely all of you have heard it too: Southern Living is getting a new editor, someone from Gun and Garden. I wonder if it's true?! It's no accident that SL has been making a move to change its image (which we have all been loving), and the word is that they are going to try to capture some of the glam elegance of the old Southern Accents magazine.


As the new magazines for July start coming in, Architectural Digest is the first to arrive. One of my best friends hates AD. I used not like it too, but always checked it out to stay current. Lately I have been liking it very much, and in fact love the July 2012 issue. I used to think AD felt old and fuddy-duddy and irrelevant. Maybe it's gotten younger, and I certainly have gotten older, and there has been a meeting in the middle.

Get the July 2012  issue of Architectural Digest

It is very enjoyable with so many 5 star designers: Miles Redd, Michael Smith, Jonathan Adler, Vicente Wolf and more

Only Miles Redd can make a ruffle edge drape look fresh

Miles Redd, the pattern mix master in a red bedroom

Another Miles Redd bedroom with his signature pelmet, pattern, and POW!

Michael Smith bedroom - makes you wonder what wonderful things he did or couldn't do at The White House

Refreshing kids room by Michael Smith


Fabulous gardens of Oscar de La Renta

Love this house with the grand piano practically outdoors - architect Michael Lehrer

Vicente Wolf is featured in Architectural Digest July 2012

Love this Vicente Wolf bedroom in Architectural Digest

And of course check out the AD feature on the Adler Doonan beach blanket bingo I showed you on Sunday


Don't miss this issue! It's a page turner! On newsstands now.

Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this new blog

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're right about SL. I hope the editors focus on Southern glamour and less 'country' style. Great pics from AD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's garden and gun. A terrific magazine.

    ReplyDelete