Monday, September 23, 2013

The New Tweens

"I'm too young to be old, and too old to be young." Cher

Cher was on the Today Show this morning, singing live, kicking off her tour for her 26th album.

Cher on the Today Show this morning

As we all know age has been rdefined by the Baby Boom generation. Most of us are in our 60s (or a little more). It's a funny kind of in between age. We still keep current, in the way we dress, in the way we work, in the way we play. But we really don't belong to a younger generation, and we certainly are not ready to be relegated to the ranks of the elderly. We are the new tweens.

Sigourney

Liam

Richard

Sam

Alfre

Phlycia

Olivia

Susan

Vera

Diane

Pierce

Sting

Helen

 See their tween ages HERE

Hover over any image to Pin it
Please add my NEW address to your blog list: http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog



5 comments:

  1. diane sawyer looks amazing. she's into something illegal. i'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all fabulous and at a cool age!
    Great post!
    Best
    Karolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, Valorie; have selected all of my favorite actors .....mostly actresses!

    They all said the "eschewed" "plastic surgery"!

    The ones you picked.....mostly did not.

    We were in Hawaii five years ago, or so...we saw Robert Redford. Tragic! The face lift!
    (I had to go to the ladie's room! It was the saddest thing to me.....(I am sure he felt sorry for me!!!)

    I was crushed!

    Diane Sawyer looks fabulous! How about Jane Fonda! (Lord have mercy!!!)

    73!!!

    They all look like themselves!

    Their smile is intact! It remains "their smile"!

    It is astonishing how many people have "lost their smiles"! forever!

    With plastic surgery!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I've been feeling pretty low about turning sixty in a few months - I feel so displaced. But, I like your twist on this - I'm a "tween" and feeling much better about it. You have changed my whole outlook - thanks a million! Lori (lfarmer@belhaven.edu)

    ReplyDelete