Monday, April 28, 2014

Blush Crush

Runway to home. Blah blah blah. But let's face it fashion influences home decor and vice-versa.

Nicole Gibbons gets the trend right - photo from Focal Point



Blush, pale pink especially, is a huge fashion trend and yes it has trickled down to decorating, and not just bedrooms, tweens, and nurseries. Main living spaces are blushing too.

Nicole Gibbons

Nicole Gibbons

My recent post, From the Runway to Your Home: Spring Trends for 2014 at Houzz has a ton of affordable stuff you can get for your houzzzzz now. Go check it out.

From the Runway to Your Home: Spring Trends for 2014 at Houzz


Another huge fashion trend for Spring 2014 is head-to-toe denim.



This may be a little tricky to do in a room, but if you are not too literal you can do it in shades of blue, including denim. Go to From the Runway to Your Home: Spring Trends for 2014 at Houzz
to see some great denim stuff you can get for your house. 

Of course I love the denim texture wall, and probably would do a fabric covered wall because that's the way I roll


What about you guys - do fashion trends trickle down into your decorating?

5 comments:

  1. My name is Sam and I am a former blusher.

    You can read my journey to a cure here How to Stop Blushing

    On my site I also have these pages which you might find handy

    Blushing & Erythrophobia
    Hypnosis
    ETS Surgery
    Tricks To Ease The Blush
    Blushing Products I’ve Tried

    I have posted what cured me and has kept me cured right to this day.

    Just a few months ago I was asking the question “how do I stop my blushing”

    You want to know how to get rid of your chronic blushing? Hopefully my information helps to cure you, as it did me.

    Read my story here How to Stop Blushing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fashion trends don't trickle down into my home unless it's by accident. That's because I tend to keep home purchases for a long time and am drawn towards vintage and traditional. I'm also a bit behind the trends on everything!

    I like pinks and blushes, especially if they lean towards neutral, and my bedroom has various vintage bits and pieces (no fabrics) in "old" blush colors. However, those are paired with boldly brown walls which tone down girly-ness. My first childhood bedroom was a perfect peachy pink from the late 1950's, and I still like that color. Then I lived surrounded by too much pink in the late 80's and early 90's, and that has killed off the desire for anything but touches of the "just right" blushes in my surroundings.

    Denim? Well Girl, denim has been my uniform since I popped into this world, and so it always shall be. Only thing I feel at home in, and I push the boundaries by wearing it where it may not be quite welcome. Having said that, denim has never been a part of my interiors, don't see it happening for me. I think that is because I really don't like blue interiors (unless it's a warm turquoise or green/blue). -Carey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valorie that's a good question if fashion trends drive my interior design choices. I think I'd have to say no as I dress pretty boring now and rather than wear a lot of color I do like to use it in my home. I am definitely more fearless when it comes to design than fashion. Remember when denim sofas were popular? They looked great and how practical for a family room. Happy Tuesday my friend xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the shout out Valerie! What can I say, I love me some pink! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wear a lot of black and white/ivory - yes, this does trickle into my decor - my favorite floor of all time is the big black/white tiles laid diamond pattern/diagonal. Decades ago, Ralph Lauren did some huge true denim pillow shams with a ruffle - I bid on them a while back on Ebay - lost, they went for a small fortune! The blush is gorgeous but I find it hard to incorporate in my interiors - I have a beautiful velvet throw in a pink blush - I never know what to do with it though, and of course, the second I've ever put it anywhere the cat, dogs or my husband immediately try to lay all over it!

    ReplyDelete