Thursday, June 5, 2014

Apartment Therapy House Tour



Apartment Therapy has featured my house in their House Tour series. The story was written and photographed by Jacqueline Marque.

Jacqueline called me over Christmas 2013. It seems like a lifetime ago, and I guess it was. She is from New Orleans, but now lives in Rhode Island. She comes home to New Orleans often to visit her mother. Jacqueline was scouting New Orleans homes for Apartment Therapy and she and I both thought that New Orleans should be represented. I passed along a few homes to her that I thought she would enjoy writing about and photographing.



She asked if she could do my home too, and I said yes. It is so interesting to see another viewpoint. My home has been photographed several times. This is the first time without Alberto.

The shoot happened a couple of months after Alberto died. I did it as therapy. Apartment Therapy really was therapy. It forced me to clean the house, fluff it up, and work with someone new. Jacqueline and I had a wonderful couple of days together, getting to know one another. It is an intimate experience having your house photographed.



Reading her story made me wistful. She did a great job. But there is a such a profound shift without Alberto. He was here in December when she first stopped by. And now he is not. It's just me and Cholo and Kitty Kitty Bang Bang.





I hope you enjoy the tour, even though you have seen my house a zillion times.  Go check it out at Apartment Therapy.  There are a ton of pictures. The comments for my house tour are amazing and I am very touched. Thank you Jacqueline and thank you AT readers.

All photos by Jacqueline Marque

12 comments:

  1. I love your home, Valorie! Fabulous tour. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, hello! It's me Carey! Oh for goodness sakes, Valorie! Apartment Therapy's tour of your home is wildly wonderful. I always thought you were pretty good about showing us what's going on in there. But nooooo, you've been holding back Girly! Thank goodness someone as nosey as I am got inside with her camera (thank you Jacqueline Marque) and took snaps of every little thing, inside and out. New views and angles, wow!

    Now more than ever, I have a sense of the fullness of your home, the corners and crannies, the smallest touches and the grander vistas. I have always admired your style and verve, and now seeing so much of your home all at once, things I've never seen before, has got me brimming with inspiration. A giant dose of Vitamin V for summer projects. Ya-hoo!.

    p.s. Fab photos of you, Cholo and KKBB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful home Valorie! I am inspired by the warmth and creativity. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is always charming and elegantly up to date as only you could do it! You inspire the best in everyone through your endeavors and I love your creativity to the max! Hugs, Linda of the WB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is such inspiration for me. Love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your style Valorie and I'm excited to go see even more photos of your beautiful home. Such a stylish woman you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is so lovely, it's nice to see it as it evolves. And your look great too - pink hair is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tour was wonderful and so may nice comments and you and the house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...I loved the tour. I hadn't seen a lot of this! Your house is magical. Love the photo of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my. Gorgeous. You and your home! PLEASE tell me about the fabulous hide bag on the bench with KKBB? Would love to know where to find it.

    Hugs to you.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love seeing your home - it looks a little different every time, always interesting and lovely. You look great, too!

    ReplyDelete