Monday, November 10, 2014

AKA Stella Gray: Bohemian Luxury

I discovered the shop AKA Stella Gray a couple of years ago while foraging for a styling job. It was love at first sight. I met the owner Dianna Knost, and that too was love at first sight. Her concept of Bohemian Luxury struck a chord with me. As did her kindness and love of life.

The gorgeous new AKA Stella Gray
(504) 208-2300

She made a bold move when her lease was coming to an end, a bought a wreck of a building on Magazine Street in which to reopen her store. After months and months of a torturous renovation, the new shop is now open for business. It is gorgeous!

You know you want to come in and see all this gorgeous stuff!

Grab one of these cute shopping carts and fill it up! They are for sale and would be so cute and useful in your home

These chandeliers are very affordable

I love the way Dianna and krewe style the merchandise

This monumental chandelier has a message that can be seen only from underneath

Luxury does not always mean expensive. Luxury can be a treat, or an extra frill, or a little indulgence, something to delight and lift the spirit. The new shop is chock full of little affordable luxuries, as well as investment pieces in the way of art, and home furnishings.

One of my favorite artists Louis St. Lewis has his work in AKA Stella Gray

Luxury Bohemian - A cowhide rug stenciled in a metallic damask print, and a one-of-kind ottoman Dianna designed

I love this "bad girl" vignette of fun jewelry

So many pretties - I bought this tiara!


Everything from antique French prints to....


Shop guys Ben and Arron are friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. And if Dianna is in the shop, you won't meet a more engaging person. So stop by and tell them the Vamp sends you with all her love. Get something for yourself, or start that Christmas shopping now.

The lovely and talented Dianna Knost - tell her the Vamp sends you

And if you are very lucky you will get to meet shop dog Poppy

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy it is closer to my house. I LOVE her shop and taste. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shop looks great. My grandmother was a shop owner for many years (gifts & home decor) and she always talked about having something at all price points - if someone came in with only 5 bucks they could walk out with something special. I did this in my own shop, too. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete