Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Egg And I

When I first laid eyes on the 356 Porsche I thought it looked a big beautiful egg.

356 Porsche

 This week a designer in the illustrious German auto making family, Ferdinand Alexander Porsche passed away.

Ferdinand Porsche 1935-2012

I was 17 years old, and my art teacher had the 356. He taught me to drive a manual transmission on it, and instilled a love of German designed cars in me. Today I drive a 1984 or 1985 BMW (we have both), stick shift of course.

Bahama Yellow 911 Porsche

The newer 911 model had been on the market for a just couple of years back then, and of course as artists we loved all the "new" colors. The art teacher ended up painting his 356 a pumpkin color orange with a tinge of the yellow school bus in it, a color that the 911 came in. The color was called Bahama Yellow. We affectionately called his car The Great Pumpkin.

Wishing you all a very Happy Easter and a joyous Passover.

Rabbit sculptures at Belle Alliance Plantation in Donaldsonville, Louisiana

A front table in the center hall at Belle Alliance Plantation

Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this new blog

5 comments:

  1. They do look like easter eggs. One of my Mom's dogs is so fat that I always says she's an easter egg rather than a dog. Hope you have a lovely Easter! I quit my horrid job today....that's the way I roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter, Happy passover! Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The central holl decoretion is awesome!

    ReplyDelete