Wednesday, April 11, 2012

French Doors With A Twist

I love old French style doors. I wish I could replace all the modern doors in our house that came with the so-so renovation we inherited.

Using a standard flat track hanging system usually associated with barn and shed doors, with elegant old doors is a great idea. Not only is it space saving, it also adds a unique mix of disparate elements. I think using a flat track system might be more forgiving then using hinges, especially in old houses where nothing is plumb anymore.

Old French doors installed on a flat track system

barnyardhardware.com has a huge selection of over-the door-track systems, and a great photo round up and a video tutorial to show you how it's done. Check it out.

Has anyone out there installed a system like this? Can you tell us if it's easy or hard?

Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this new blog

3 comments:

  1. My friend used this to hang the doors on her Conservatory. Everything was old and repurposed.

    They work beautifully.

    Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing in my home and couldn't be more pleased! Check out my blog post on 11/9/2011

    http://theinsanedomain.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2011-11-14T08:19:00-08:00&max-results=50&start=17&by-date=false

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thoroughly loved looking at your blog today. My favorites-the French Doors-just lovely. Second thing-that wonderful patio table. Two things I will be trying out. They are exactly what I was looking for to change the look in my home. Thank you so much for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete