Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Moroccan Ideas

Your thought bubbles please...



I'm working on a sitting room for a little girl that will have Moroccan inspired seating. The room adjoins her bedroom connected by a hall and a bathroom, a kind of suite of rooms.

I like the upholstered look of the base and this seat cushion



The walls of the rooms have been upholstered in fabric:  In the bedroom the  accent wall behind the bed, the connecting hallway has another accent wall, and the sitting room got the whole works, with all the walls upholstered. It looks amazing.




So now custom seating is being considered for the seating room, so I have been pulling images for ideas.

Nothing quilted like this, just to show proportion


The sitting room will undoubtedly become a place where the whole family and their friends will want to hang out. There's a big flat screen TV in this room.

Pillow,s pillows, pillows

Stay tuned. There will be a reveal when the project is done. In the meantime, got any ideas to share regarding my Kiddie Kasbah?




An authentic Moroccan daybed









Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog


6 comments:

  1. Valorie I love that you're sharing this project! You must know that I have that Kasbah song in my head now.:)
    I have a little friend who would think she's in heaven to have any of these options. So colorful!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all that colour and pillow, pillow, pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pouf for sure. My dad brought back a leather one from Morocco when I was 8. I was obsessed with it. I like the built in seating and the lanterns and the little tables too. What a fun concept, can't wait to see what you will do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This appeals to the old hippie in me. Yes to rich color, especially spice colors leavened with strong pinks, blues, and turquoise; yes to cushions of all sorts, mattresses bordered in large welting placed on built-in platforms, poufs; yes to fabric wall and window hangings, lattice, tambour tables, lanterns.

    Looking forward to seeing how you bring these elements together in a contemporary suite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great theme for a girl's room. it's fun & funky, girlish & still sophisticated enough for adults, should they choose to hang out there. the practical mom-of-two-girls in me would want a lot of hidden storage, maybe pull out drawers under the large seating pieces and fabric that is stain resistant.

    ReplyDelete