Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Designer Rugs You Can Afford

I recently took my five year old cow hide rug that I had in the living room outside and hosed it down and washed it with soapy water. When it dried, it was clean, but still not as bright as I wanted it to be. And it puckered. I was annoyed, and thought, maybe it's time for a change.

My new Moroccan Beni style rug from Overstock

I went to Overstock and started looking around. Overstock is a great source for very well priced rugs. I finally settled on a Moroccan Beni style rug. I chose not to go with wool, but rather man made fiber.
I find that sometimes man made fibers are easier to keep clean, plus the price was halved. It's great looking, shaggy and soft, and I couldn't be more pleased.

Rug Collective Moroccan Trellis shag rug at Overstock


When I buy an area rug, my two favorite sizes are 8 x 10, or 6 x 9. Nothing smaller. I chose the 6 x 9 for the living room, because I wanted the floor to still show. If I use an 8 x 10 in my smallish living room, it takes on a wall to wall look.

Here are a few faves from Overstock. When you are at Overstock check out the category nuLoom rugs. Most of them are wool and very style forward.
How many of you get stuff from Overstock?

Overstock has a huge collection of sea grass rugs -  I like this 8 foot square because the size is different and looks custom

Sea grass done by Joni Webb - Love the little zebra rug on top of the sea grass

Overstock has this adorable wool zebra rug for that Joni Webb look

This Boho look from Anthropologie is gorgeous but costly

A client of mine loves Anthropologie, (but doesn't have the budget) and is going for the look in her master bedroom - She chose this rug from Overstock


Hover over any image to Pin it
Please add my NEW address to your blog list: http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog



8 comments:

  1. So in love with the Moroccan Beni style rug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Overstock.com ! I bought drapes for the family room /dining room and it did not break the bank and I got what I wanted,ta da! It's fun to look through even if your not shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff you have thanks to share such a great information.

    Chinese office furniture suppliers

    ReplyDelete
  4. All wants to create a new type of theme for their houses,offices etc. so you should go with best quality and huge range of rugs. They help you to improve by looks to your house. Freshness in looks of your each and every part of home with rugs can get easily by you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this rug. Is this the brown or the gray one?
    Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that small zebra rug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post and a reminder to use Overstock.com. I've found some good rugs over at Cost Plus that didn't break the bank, and recently shopped with a client at Target for a nice looking rug (turquoise with a Moroccan, geometric design) that worked well for his office.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post a great source of ideas thanks for providing this. We also have a Moroccan Rug in my living room

    ReplyDelete