Friday, May 18, 2012

Does Your Decor Tell Your Age?

What's young? What's old? Can you tell the age of a person by how they decorate their home?

From House of Fifty - Does Your Decor Tell Your Age?

I have been getting some nice email with some interesting comments on an article I wrote for House of Fifty. Go check it out and tell me what you think. If someone never met you and saw a room you decorated and designed, could they guess your age? And is there age-ism in decorating? Do we care if our rooms look young or old?


Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this new blog

4 comments:

  1. Began garden club lecturing 25 years ago. Some of the older ladies had never updated their green shag, green fridge, countertops, paneling.

    Their food was the same. Should have been a museum display. Betty Crocker, ca. 1949. No joke.

    Wish I had known to photograph & video all this. A little era of history. Most of those women had never worked.

    XO T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is no edge to judge, but can state someone's mature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Audrey Hepburn painting!Quiet interesting!

    ReplyDelete