Monday, May 7, 2012

I Love Me Some Advanced Style

I am very blessed.

Valorie Hart in rue magazine - photo by Sara Essex Bradley - art work by Anne Harwell of Annechovie

rue magazine did a wonderful feature of my design work! Being the quipster that I am, I say that I am the oldest thing they have ever put in the magazine.


Advanced Style - Buy this book
I think there is another book idea here: "Advanced Decor" (is my publisher listening?).
Just think of the lifetime of collecting and experience that one accumulates by a certain age.
Nicole Cohen of Sketch42 regularly features photos of her grandmother's home that are absolutely beautiful and stylish. Her grandmother's home is one I would definitely include in my book "Advanced Decor".

I would put this in my book called Advanced Decor! via Sketch42
In the meantime, I wrote an article for the anniversary issue of House of Fifty, a lifestyle and design magazine produced by the older and very stylish generation. Go check it out, and tell me does your decor tell your age?

Read: Does Your Decor Tell Your Age

The big fat gorgeous anniversary issue of House of Fifty

And while you are reading magazines today go check out rue - It is a really good  (and huge) issue.

Love the current cover of rue magazine - the young girls are playing granny dress-up!


Valorie Hart interior designer - photo by Sara Essex Bradley
 
And vote for Jenny today HERE


Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this new blog



17 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your features! I know I've said it before but I'll say it again - I absolutely love your style, Valorie. I cannot wait to see more images of your home and your work! And where can I find a leopard outfit like yours? Fabulous!
    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Kim,
      You are so sweet.
      The leopard pajamas were a gift from my sister.
      xo xo

      Delete
  2. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THOSE PICTURES ARE STUNNING! esp. the last one.
    i am def. reaching THAT age. 57

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB-U-LOUS.
    And you look fab too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin' good Girl! Love your green bedroom!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woman, make us over 50'ers extremely proud. Doesn't get any better than this!! xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops, ...forgot the YOU (after woman)!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Valorie, I love your feature in Rue. You have the most beautiful and fabulous style, and I wish my house could look like yours!! Best of New Orleans!
    Ruthie O'Ryan Simno

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would not vote for Jenny in a million years, but would vote for you in a heartbeat. Wow, what great pictures of you and such an intriguing subject. Great posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Anon,
      Don't be that way. Jenny is good people and my friend, so it's not nice to be that way on my blog.
      xo xo

      Delete
  9. Just going through RUE... I LOVE YOUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    OMG.. I am moving in... Oh I forgot. I don't have to bc you are going to make our house just as beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    E.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE!!! you look amazing and I love the pictures, decor, styling, everything!! Advanced style is an awesome term and you're exactly right, it takes a lifetime to really find style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pj's. You look fantastic. as does your home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO behind in reading everything, but LOVE advanced style! AND I am with you on the age and advanced decor, and proud of it!!! Your pictures are wonderful - one day we will meet!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Valorie you look so glamorous in the leopard print, I love the last pic of you..that wallpaper and luxe curtains...sigh!
    congratulations on all your wonderful magazine articles am off to have a read now.
    Carla x

    ReplyDelete
  14. valorie, I have often had this exact same thought. my home and furnishings looked older when I was younger and now that I am older, I want my interior look to be younger. I have often posted about my heavy, southern, mahogany furniture and how I long to switch it up now for lighter and ligher-hearted pieces. Hard to do with a house full. But I am slowly getting there. this is a great piece you have written here, and for HOF, one of the better, more thoughtful pieces that I've seen recently.

    your fresh, individual style is inspiring. donna

    ReplyDelete