Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Geometric Print Couch

We've seen a lot of bold prints on settees and chairs over the years. And more and more we are seeing prints on couches. The geometric print seems to work the best, and a classic smaller scale tight back sofa, like a Camel Back is the perfect shape.

Here's a round up of images to inspire you.  Would you do it? I think it would be a great choice! Prints show dirt and wear and tear less, and they certainly add energy and pizazz. Doing one on a sofa, usually the largest piece of upholstered furniture in the room, makes for a great piece of design real estate.

via House of Turquoise


The before of the sofa in boring brown - I think the ottoman was a good influence -via House of Turquoise

Here's the room again with a great mix of geometric prints - via House of Turquoise

The famous Ruthie Sommers couch from the cover of Domino - this is the geometric that set the standard

Red Greek Key style print sofa - photo by Valorie Hart

Black geometric print on sofa - via Decorpad

Green Ikat style print looks so fresh

Black and cream bold damask print - photo by Valorie Hart, interior design Bruce McNally


My white leather Camel Back is calling me....


Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I juuuust wrote about this today. Thanks for helping me remember the beauty in crazy patterned couches. They are just such statement makers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure whether to do a geometric couch or rug but thanks to you I am picking a fabulous geometric print COUCH! Barclay Butera for Kravett 30409 - 115. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete