Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Art Of Giving The Hostess Gift

Are you making the rounds of parties? Unsure whether to bring a hostess gift or not? Or what to bring?

I recently produced, styled, and wrote an article in New Orleans Homes and Lifestyles all about hostess gifts. The beautiful photographs are by Eugenia Uhl. If you live in New Orleans, I tell you where to get all these wonderful things, and if you don't live here, I am sure that you will be inspired to find things in the same vein in your hometown.

Mini  preserved topiary shell busts, and candles in the shape of an artichoke


Scented candles in reusable pots and urns with fancy matches


Give your host/hostess something with his/hers initial on it - The metal book boxes are cute too


Flowers that last forever - These are scented diffusers

Champagne or rocks glasses, and the rocks are reusable

Little boxes always come in handy, and here in New Orleans we all have leaning house with doors that won't stay open so the mouse doorstop in a perfect little hostess gift

If you bring fresh flowers bring them in a container already arranged

These mod gold animals are perfect for the decor maven

Every hostess can use more serving pieces

Vintage items are special because there are usually one of a kind

Who doesn't love a little luxury like a special soap

Practical kitchen well designed gifts are good

Quirky gifts are conversation starters

In this era of typing on keyboards desk accessories you use the old fashion way are gracious - I love the ivory scissors



What do you bring the hostess with the mostess? I hope you enjoy the article. If you can get a hard copy of the magazine, you will see how beautiful the photos really are.

Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this new blog

4 comments:

  1. I consider that flowers is the heart touching gift to offer your loved one.
    North London Florist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for these ideas. I usually wind up just taking a boring candle in a jar or bottle of wine but I'm going to start looking for things a step up from the usual. Now I'm inspired! Merry Christmas Valorie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those shell busts! I'm hitting up Tommy's for those guys! Thanks for sharing. -Boo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article! I wholeheartedly believe in hostess gifts! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete