Friday, November 1, 2013

Howard Slatkin Is Having A Huge Sale!!!

You all know I heart Howard Slatkin HERE and More is More HERE. His new book Fifth Avenue Style is on fire! I hope you all can get it.

He is taking part in a "Tastemaker Tag Sale" at One Kings Lane which runs November 2 through November 5. He's participating in the sale in order to donate all of his proceeds from the sale to charity.

Howard Slatkin at One Kings Lane Nov. 2 -Nov. 5


Howard's sale consists of two parts--approximately 250 design and decor books from his vast collection (he recently conducted an inventory of his books from his different residences and realized that he had many duplicates) and also approximately 250 lots consisting of furniture, linens, tableware, and other objects. His book, Fifth Avenue Style will be featured in the sale, and autographed copies of the book will also be included.

From the bookshelves of Howard Slatkin to yours!!! Photo by Tria Giovan from Fifth Avenue Style


The sale begins on November 2 at 8:00 AM Pacific and runs through November 5 at 8:00 AM Pacific. Like I said, Howard is donating all of his proceeds from the sale to charity. 
I am sure you are going to find that missing, rare, book for your collection, or maybe pick up something pretty for setting your table for the holidays, or some perfect grace note of an accessory for your home, or a gift for a design maven you know. And you'll be doing a good deed too whilst shopping!!!

Howard has edited books from his collections for the sale at One Kings Lane - You might get a book that was in this room on these shelves! Photo by Simon Watson


I am thinking of taking a cue from Howard, and going through all my stuff and holding a sale with the proceeds going to charity. What do you think? Maybe a yard sale, where I could partner with other designers and decorators who have so much stuff that they have collected for themselves or clients that they are not using. I think it would be fabulous!

A couple of the books in the One Kings Lane sale by Howard Slatkin

There are two vintage books on my holy grail wish list - I wonder if Howard has these in his collection!!!




 

Hover over any image to Pin it
Please add my NEW address to your blog list: http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Valorie for this great post! I never miss your blogs and it was very exciting to see it. You are so generous and helpful, just amazing. What a brilliant idea of a designer's flea sale ( or on OKL) ---if you do it please think of me as I am sure to have things to send to you.
    Xxx
    Howard
    Ps: I do have the Baldwin book, very informative. But dont have the Liberace one which looks a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at liberace's range hood and backsplash!

    i'll be tuning into the sale--what a generous and gratifying idea for charity.

    michele

    ReplyDelete