Sunday, November 24, 2013

What Do You Think About Setting The Table?

A big week is upon us, as we are all getting ready for the first major dinner party of the holiday season. I set the table differently for every dinner party party I throw, and especially at holiday time. It makes all my high class hoarding collecting of plates, glasses, and accessories pay off.

Valorie Hart Thanksgiving table setting


I don't know what I will do this year. I'm going through my things now.


Valorie Hart table setting

Valorie Hart table setting

Valorie Hart table setting

I am thinking of using some Eva Zeisel vintage dinner ware I got this year.

Valorie Hart table setting

I would love this collection of Eva Zeisel candle sticks - Santa pleas email me and I will give you the info1

These were sent to me as a gift, and I am thinking of using them this holiday season

Howard Slatkin at One Kings Lane Pair of gold metal and glass photophores

Or maybe my green chargers and vintage Limoges with green borders...

Valorie Hart table setting

I've used white pumpkins and turkeys, and white dinnerware at Thanksgiving, and have also used pretty black and white transferware plates with animals on them,

Valorie Hart table setting

Valorie Hart table setting

Valorie Hart table setting

Valorie Hart table setting Wish Magazine

Valorie Hart table setting - paper plates!


What are you planning? How will you set the table? Do you use a special set of china only used on holidays? Do you mix and match?
Would you use paper plates?


Hover over any image to Pin it
Please add my NEW address to your blog list: http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog

4 comments:

  1. I don't use paper, but I do love your weekend waterford. Your table settings are always very creative. I'm sure it will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that others were effected by the "I hord dishes" syndrome. I didn't know you were one of them. I'm in good company! I like to mix it up and have every dinner party different. After all, we don't keep our hair, clothing, or cars the same.
    Be creative, and express yourself....
    Sharon
    @novaraway

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Valorie, I love seeing some of your collection of dinnerware and accessories! The candle holders from Howard are wonderful! I do like to mix it up!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have a great collection of dinnerware. Besides my everyday dishes I have a set of plates that I use for Thanksgiving and most other special occasions. At Christmas I have a set of white plates with a red band that I love and they also work very well at Valentines and 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete