Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Beni Round Up

Like Suzanis and Ikat, and Oushak rugs, the Beni rug has become entrenched. You can poo-poo all these things as been there done that, but really these classic global designs have been around for hundreds of years and they are not going anywhere.

Beni 1

I recently recommended a purchase of a repro Beni for a client, an eBay score of a discontinued Pottery Barn one. Now stop your groaning. Pottery Barn-groan. Repro-groan. eBay-groan.

Beni 2

The rug is brand new and perfect. I like the standard room size (9 x 12) for our purposes. The authentic Beni is woven on narrow looms, so the rug sizes at best are like super runners. And the authentic Beni rug can soar into the thousands of dollars.

Beni in the bedroom where I would like to put the one we purchased

Beni 3
Mrs. Client loved it, and while Mr. Client liked it too, he did not understand how it is relative to the contemporary design he is particular to. So I made this little round up for him.

Beni 4

The Beni is a chameleon, a rug that looks great in all settings from Trad to Mod. And it is hear to stay despite the petulance of trigger finger bloggers.

Beni 5

Beni 6

Beni 7

Beni 8

Beni 9

Beni 10

Beni 11

Pottery Barn Beni - It looks great in person

And vote for Jenny today HERE


Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this new blog

3 comments:

  1. I love the Beni. Pretty timeless if you ask me. And for the record, that first Palmer Weiss room..one of my all time favorites!
    xo,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the Beni. Ethnic weaves, prints and textiles will always be a staple in my home. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely until it becomes overly saturated on the blogs and then it's common and ordinary just like the Suzani that was so over worked in the last two years. My contention is, if you have a design idea that works great for your particular clients, don't publish it.

    ReplyDelete