Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Decorating With Chanel And Hermes - Sources For My Bedroom In Rue Magazine

Love these photos via La Dolce Vita. What girly-girl doesn't love Chanel and Hermes?

Using Chanel in your decor - photo via La Dolce Vita- go visit to see the whole fab space

Anne Harwell of Annechovie does the best prints of a Chanel perfume bottle that are so cute and affordable.

So cute! Ger it for your house! Anne Harwell at Etsy

And what girl doesn't want an Hermes purse?!!!!

Love how the purses are displayed as decor - photo via La Dolce Vita

Anne also does a fab print of a Kelly bag, and it comes with your choice of background color. I love them all, but I love the one with the Hermes orange background the best!

You can affor4ed this Kelly bag!!! Anne Harwell at Etsy

I got four of them and used them in my revamped bedroom. I framed them in black with white mats (frames from a big box store) to play back to the black trim on the lamps, and the black trim on the accent wall.

Decorating with Hermes as seen in rue magazine - photo by Sara Essex Bradley

I upholstered it in green linen (from fabric.com - they are out of what I use, but I gave you the link for something similar). I purposefully chose black trim on the hotel bedding (from an eBay store), with the oversize black monograms in a font called Tango (done by Uptown Embroidery).

I used extra green linen to make a bed skirt. The upholstered  headboard and  slip covered bench are done in Schumacher Nanjing in Jade Green. The headboard is very affordable from Country Door. I had the double piping removed by the Leonels the upholsterer, The chevron Missoni style rugs come from a big box store, and I put two together to make a larger rug,

The lamps are vintage that I painted to look like alabaster, and the oversize shades came from Lowes.
The nightstands were a close out that I got about six years ago, and have been painted a couple of time.
The color is Benjamin Moore Kelly Green.

The flower ball chandelier is discontinued, but it came from perch. and I am sure they could find you something similar.

It takes a village to make a pretty room, and I thank Anne Harwell and Mitchell Settoon for their help, and rue magazine for including me in the current issue May/June 2012 issue.

Next time I will share some sources in my living room.

And vote for Jenny today HERE


Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this new blog

5 comments:

  1. Love this post! It doesn't get much better than those two French fashion houses for elegance and style. Personally, would love to have a custom Hermes trunk as a coffee table...I guess it doesn't hurt to dream, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your bedroom....great color choices and combinations. I've always been a Chanel no5 girl, ever since my glamorous aunt introduced it to me when I was probably about 4. As for adding it to the decor of my house, I took one of my empty bottles and filled it with water colored to match the eau de parfum and mounted the bottle in a 5x7 black shadowbox. Love your Hermes purses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really amazing what something so simple can do, isn't it?
    xx's

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a gift of creativity and ingenuity! It all speaks you, Miss Valorie!
    I like your bed headboard, hmmm, been contemplating a West Elm for one of my bdrm projects, but I like this one and a much better price too!
    What's Cholo and Kitty Kitty Bang Bang doing for you for Mother's Day?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING POST:) Im a chanel addict...chanel rocks my world on a bad faceday:)
    I love your blog and Im following..I hope you will like and follow my blog also.
    have a great weekend

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete