Thursday, May 9, 2013

An Explanation

Have you ever done a post that is not fully understood?



I did a post about Camp Jake HERE.  It was a fund raiser. I didn't want to do a sad begging for money post. The two guys who helped start Camp Jake are so upbeat and positive. Whenever they talk about their work in Haiti they light up, and you are swept away by their enthusiasm and compassion. The kids at St. Vincents don't want sadness and pity. They have an admirable joie de vivre we can learn a lesson from.

So I entitled the post Money for Comments. I wanted to get the reader interested enough to stop and read the post, and get them over to donate for Camp Jake.

Some of you thought I was sad because I don't get comments. The post was not about me. Really. And I got over comment counting a long time ago ha ha. I am not sad.

A snarky hater crawled out of the woodwork in the comments. I made a donation for her/him. I got a Spam comment. I made a donation for that one too.

Tom Landry one of the principals behind Camp Jake felt obliged to comment on the snarky comment, along with a couple of other readers. Thanks.

In the end I got a bunch of you to focus on Camp Jake. Thank You and You're Welcome! Alberto and I made a donation today, and I hope you go on over and donate too. Here's how:

http://www.redthreadpromise.org/help.html
Then the donor hits the DONATE button which brings them to Paypal. They must put CAMP JAKE in the commentary of the donation for my program to get funds.

I heart Camp Jake

Hover over any image to Pin it.

Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog

3 comments:

  1. One dollar a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you're being extremely nice and patient, taking the time to reiterate the obvious.
    The person or persons being called haters, are really nothing but members of a reptilian variety who nurse their pathetic life with cowardly innuendo and vodka infused bile, just to hate themselves even more, given the fact that nobody knows (or care) who they are. Or at least, that's what they think, given the ease of tracking their IP with today's available advanced technology resources.

    On the other hand, maybe your English needs some remedial assistance to improve your ability to communicate. Then you may even get book publishers to pay you for writing books, editors to chase you to write articles for their magazines, and famous authors to insist you review their books.

    Anonimo en Palermo

    ReplyDelete