Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Reggie Darling At Home!

A couple of years ago Alberto and I went to a wonderful summer party in New York, hosted by Eddie Ross and Jaithan Kochar. It was the best party with many bloggers in attendance: Reggie Darling, Debra Phillips 5th and State, Lauren Leiss from Pure Style Home, Michelle Ginnerty from My Notting Hill, Elizabeth Moyer from Pretty Pink Tulips, Patricia van Essche from PVE, and probably a few more we didn't get to meet in the huge crush of revelers.

The beautiful living room of "Darlington Hall" - The gray walls add a modern touch to this 1817 Federal House

Reggie (aka Craig Fitt) introduced himself to me as a fellow blogger, and I was immediately charmed and intrigued. As soon as I got back to a laptop, I looked for his blog and added it to my blog list.

Reggie and his partner Boy (aka Bruce Shostak) and their home Darlington Hall are the main characters of what often reads like a blend of fiction and charming story telling along with useful tips mined from reality.

Boy at the front door of Darlington Hall

So I was so thrilled when I got the current issue of Architectural Digest and saw Darlington Hall featured! It is gorgeous. The entire issue is dedicated to New Country Chic. The pictures online are pretty, but they are really beautiful in the hard copy. This is an issue worth saving.
Pick up a copy of AD’s June issue, on newsstands now, or download the digital edition to see more photos and to read the complete story.
The June 2013 issue of Architectural Digest is very pretty


I always feel proud when bloggers make the big time outside of the blogosphere. So hurray for Reggie Darling!

Enjoy the photos from Architectural Digest, from the story "A Federal Case": Mitchell Owens; William Waldron Howard Christian.

 
Love, love, LOVE the color in the entry hall


The Master Bedroom - A circa-1810 four-poster stands in the master bedroom; the toile canopy is lined in a Jasper fabric - the bed linens are by Restoration Hardware

"If architecture could be compared to dance, the Federal Style house known as Hillstead, in the Hudson Valley town of Claverack, New York, would be a quadrille - The brick Federal Style house is painted in a Benjamin Moore white".

And here's a photo from the party on the day I made the acquaintance of the fabulous Reggie and Boy.


Bloggers meet at Eddie & Jaithan's: Michelle Ginnetry, Valorie Hart, Patricia van Essche, Elizabeth Moyer - Do you remember us Reggie Darling? We will never forget you!


Hover over any image to Pin it.
Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog

11 comments:

  1. Stunning home! And I love the foyer color, too! Any idea what it might be?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess my invitation was lost in the mail!

    Jeekers!

    I would have loved to have been included! and now, this comment will be lost in cyberspace.......I am way too late!

    SOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. detailing of the frontdoor at darlington hall is so nice. xo
    - Vinnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valorie, can you identify the grey color of the living room?
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee, I feel like I just learned there is no tooth fairy. I love the blog Reggie Darling and had no idea based on my readings over the years that Reggie was not his real name. Now his hilarious stories of family history will never be the same. Can't wait to see more of Darlington House as your photos are real teasers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anon, while the names have been fiddled with for reasons I shall reveal on my blog soon, the stories I share with my readers are true. Thanks, Reggie

      Delete
    2. I so love the stories, Reggie. It shows your readers that every family has intriguing stories and often colorful characters around which to spin them. I shall be reading all of yours. Having a family member also in investment banking/private equity, I find your professional success and your impeccable taste fascinating.

      Delete
  6. Hello Valerie,
    I am honored and thrilled that you have honored me with this kind post. It was a great pleasure to meet you years ago at Eddie and Jaithan's party, and I look forward to meeting up with you again one day soon. You are a treasure! Fondly, Reggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love "Reggie's" blog and can't wait to see his home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly, anon d' plume is okay by me. honestly, there are people that don't know boundaries. present company excluded.

    ReplyDelete