Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Shopping Sources For Things In My New Office

I love my new office!!!! I re-purposed things I already had, but I did get a few new things too.

Platner style chair recovered in Rubelli silk damask brocade


I used this Rubelli brocaded damask called Granafei

I also used it for one of the three drapery panels - I had 3 remnant pieces of this fabric so 2 were turned with the pattern going sideways and sewn together to make one long panel - The third piece was used to recover the chair

The remnant I had was turned on it's side

Some of you asked about the Fornasetti TV nook.

Fornasetti TV nook
I used paper cut outs of Fornasetti plates to create "wallpaper". You can get some at Etsy!

Get these cool Fornasetti prints at Etsy and just cut out the circle and slap it on the wall with Modge Podge

Whilst on Etsy I found affordable Melamine Fornasetti plates!!! Perfect to hang on the wall, or use for dining. 

I love this Fornasetti Melamine plate I found on Etsy

You can also get Fornasetti wallpaper if your budget allows.

You can Fornasetti wallpaper HERE

Go to Houzz to get shopping links to everything I used to decorate my new office

My Guest Picks at Houzz have links to all the things I used for my new office. Go take a look.

Valorie Hart June 2013 Guest Picks at Houzz

Valorie Hart bohemian luxury office

If there's something you see that I didn't include, just leave a comment or drop me an email.

Over dyed cabbage rose pillow


AND, I have two extra over dyed pillow covers that I would love to give to one of you. If you love vintage, not perfect things, these are for you. Just leave a comment, and Cholo and Kitty Kitty Bang Bang will pick a winner.

I have two of these pillow covers to give away to you! Just leave a comment


Hover over any image to Pin it
Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sources, really like your office and realize how staid and stodgy I have gotten over the years and am determined to break out and live in color! Would love to win a pillow or just know your process. Have a great weekend. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to win those great pillows. I'm new to your blog and really enjoy it....I love lots of color too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is insanely gorgeous! You have some mad skills, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your madly colorful, joyous, inspiring office. Especially love the pared down settee as a backdrop for your gorgeous pillows. Thanks for sharing. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, LOVE this office and would adore a pillow from the Vamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ombre wall so much. Very inspiring space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How vamptastic would it be to have a pillow cover from you, Valorie (and Cholo & Kitty Kitty Bang Bang).

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! I have heard of the visual vamp, but have just found you and thank goodness! What an inspiration.. I'll be spending hours right here, and thoroughly enjoying myself!
    XO
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adore the use of Fornasetti plates. My fav part is the textile usage; loving the canvas draped across one wall and the remnants used to make curtains and pillows. Wish it were my design studio!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the over dyed pillows and the entire look. Thank you for sharing the blue mosque paint color and etsy as a source for remants. I am considering over dyeing my entire sofa slipcover, the fabric looks quite similar to a before-version of your pillows. Too much?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your office looks great! I am trying to add more color to my house and this is so inspiring. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The jewel-like colors of your office...the explosion of magenta and kelly
    green and turquoise/peacock I look at again and again. It's burnished and elegant and stylish and passionate; incredible style. Great work is done here; imaginative thinking!

    ReplyDelete