Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Gramercy For Sale

I'm a Jeff Lewis fan. Love his talent and his work, and yes love his personality. If you are a fan, you know that his last season of his show "Flipping Out" ended with a grand finale of he and his partner Gage renovating a house called "Gramercy" for the two of them to live in. Well, true to the businessman that Jeff is, it is now on the market. You can see the listing (for a little over 3 million dollars) at Redfin.

Gramercy, designed by Jeff Lewis is for sale

Jeff now is on two Bravo shows, his own called "Interior Therapy With Jeff Lewis", and on an ensemble show that also features Mary McDonald called "Property Envy".

Kitchen and family room at Gramercy

Here's a look book of images of Gramercy. Do go to Bravo and see the "before" pictures. As ever, Jeff did an amazing renovation of the property.

A little bar area in the family room - I love the portrait of Zoila

Love the Hollywood Regency style of the vanity in the master bath

Amazing marble in master bath

The walk in closet in the master suite is beautiful - Note the design of the windows, which Jeff incorporated in the master bath vanity doors

Love the geometric print stair runner - perfect color for wear and tear

This chest is at the top of the stairs - Jeff loves to use wallpaper in contemporary prints

The formal dining room - Jeff installed the new marble floor - He did this for a client on "Interior Therapy" last night, but in a Chevron pattern

Here's the marble floor Jeff did for a client on "Interior Therapy"

Here's the "before" of the room he did the marble floor in!!!!! You have to watch the show and see the crazy, filthy places he has to deal with and transform - The home owners are quite lovable and crazy too much in need of "Interior Therapy".

 If money were no object, would you like to buy "Gramercy"? Or hire Jeff for some interior therapy?
 
Hover over any image to Pin it.
Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe he is selling it. I thought he said this was his forever house. Wonder where he's moving next and I know on the show Gage said he did not want to sell Grammercy. I love Interior Therapy and especially Property Envy...only cause I love hearing Mary McDonald and Jeff make all their funny comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on Nita's comment!!
    I'm shocked he's selling.
    Sharon
    @novaraway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've watched Jeff on TV quite a few times with some gaps in between. I think he's very talented. That dining room is amazing, with the ceiling and floor. His tastes are too "modern" for me but I can really appreciate his fine work. I've been recording the Interior Therapy show and will catch up on the episodes. I feel his work is very important as he continues to salvage properties that would otherwise be lost as eyesores. My opinion is that we should recycle whatever homes we can before building new ones. There's so much excellent quality in vintage homes out there but it does take so much money and time. A house in my small town, built by one of the early pioneers in oil field riches, is just today surrounded by yellow ("stay off!") tape, ladders everywhere, all curtains and drapes off windows, multiple workers busy at work; it's an 1800s-era Italianate and deserves to be spruced up. I was worried what would happen when it was sold but things are looking up...anything will be better than its mint-ice-cream-green exterior which just DOES not go with the design of the home IMHO. This particular house has amazing wood inside...a little too dark for me but I think with less competing wall paper and more light-colored walls, the interior could really brighten up. I love to see the old places saved, in any town, and we often have guys like Jeff to thank for these often overwhelming and consuming renovation/restoration ventures (which can pretty much swamp an everyday homeowner who doesn't even know where to start...).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jeff Lewis and I'm really enjoying both of the new shows he's on. I also would love for him to come work his magic in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I recall correctly, Gage did not want to sell so Jeff must have gotten his way (as always). It would be tough to give up such a beautiful home, but I understand the resale bug. I would move constantly if it would pay to like Jeff's reno surely will!

    Best,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. That closet is amazing! Love the amilary light and backlighting behind the shelving!

    ReplyDelete