Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Forever Foo Dogs!

I am not sick of Foo dogs.  I have loved them for years, way before they got so cute and trendy. I bough an orange one on clearance a couple of years ago at Pier one. Paid $8. for it. It kicked around never finding the right spot, perhaps missing its mate.

A new addition to my menagerie - The orange Foo dog lamp

I started seeing Foo dog lamps around the market place, and loved them, but they were pricey, and I really didn't have room for more lamps.

The photograph is by Lisa Conrad who used infrared film and got this amazing pink color


One day the light bulb went off, and I ordered a lamp kit for a figurine, and a base, and Alberto and I made my own Foo dog lamp.  I switched it out for a generic lamp that had been a place holder for years (I'm sure you know how that goes - you buy something to make-do that lasts way past its expiration date).

Long live the Foo dog!!!!


So if you have some cute, quirky object kicking around the house, try making a lamp with it. Maybe you are way ahead of me on this, so tell us what kind of lamp you made!

 
Hover over any image to Pin it.
Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again my dear, so clever; I love your foo lamp Valorie!

    I wish you a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! My grandparents made a lamp (that I now own) from a big, red general store coffee grinder. Its actually quite a collectible antique and it works. Its is a lovely, quirky and some might say tacky, bit that was such a part of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete