Thursday, July 18, 2013

Girly Man House

This is a beautiful beach house. The decor is stunning. The house is in the Hamptons, and affords a little formality.



The owner is divorced and is a very successful retailer (among many other things). His decorator is Christopher Maya.

The master bedroom - so refreshing that a man chose to do this

The homeowner said, "I didn’t want anything too grand, I wanted it to feel more like a cottage than an estate.”

A notorious skirted round table

The homeowner tells us, “I rarely go out when I’m in the Hamptons. I prefer watching movies, hosting very small dinner parties, and hanging out with my kids.”


Besides all the gorgeous fabrics, I love the padded trunk used as a coffee table

The decorator’s first meeting with the client was inspiration enough. He "was sitting in the conference room with colleagues, a pink Hermès scarf wrapped around his head. I thought, This is going to be fun.”


A fun guest room  - Love the fabric covered wall behind the bed

“It would have been a lot cheaper to tear it down,” admits the homeowner. Most buyers in this community would likely have torn down the ranch-style structure, which clocks in at 6,000 square feet, and replaced it with an imposing Georgian Revival or Shingle Style residence. Modifications, however, were necessary to bring the place up to snuff—namely streamlining the awkward floor plan and upgrading the surfaces. New Jersey architectural designer Marina Lanina stripped the building down to its wood frame and reconfigured the interior, more or less hewing to the original footprint save for an expanded kitchen at the rear.

I love the blue dining room table
By now I am sure you know whose house this is, as it appears in Architectural Digest
Chris Burch who admits to having somewhat eccentric taste, which he describes as “a very quirky sense of classicism.”

6 comments:

  1. In love with the garden, bottom pic.

    Toooooo simple. Most difficult achieve.

    Garden & Be Well, XOT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Is this the former hubby of Tory?

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS... one word...FABULOUS

    Girly guys usually do have the most FABULOUS homes! Linda of WB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LIKE!!
    Love the Hermes scarf tale!

    Best,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. The saturation of color even in the Master Bedroom makes it all work!

    xoxo
    Karena
    2013 Designers Series

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it too, Valorie. Never in a million years would I have guess that this gorgeous place belongs to a man! Well done!

    ReplyDelete